What We're About
The Scholastic Archery Association, DBA Scholastic 3-D Archery, is to foster, educate and guide youth in the area of 3-D and target archery and ethical bowhunting practices. .
Scholastic 3-D Archery will design, promote and foster national youth and high school 3D and target archery competition as an after school program affiliated with educational learning institutions, sportsman’s clubs and archery dealers.
In support of this overarching purpose, the Association is responsible for:
- Sanctioning and conducting national, local/state, and regional 3-D and target archery competitions and championships;
- Selecting, supporting, and managing teams and staff for 3-D and target archery competitions;
- Creating and maintaining the resources and infrastructure with local sportsman’s clubs that are necessary to support the growth of youth and high school 3D and target archery in the United States of America;
- Promoting the growth and development of instructional and competitive archery programs in the educational institutions in the United States of America; and
- Establishing and enforcing rules, regulations, and procedures concerning eligibility to compete in order to ensure fair competition.
Join Us, Grow With Us!
Due to recent popular movies highlighting unrivaled archers, the focal point of the media on archery in the Olympics and the success of the youth archery programs, many students have become interested in learning the skills of archery. Coaches and principals are asking for archery instruction for those students who wish to participate in the ever growing popular sport. Simply put, more archery instruction is being requested, and 3-D and target archery are the most popular choices by the educators, students, and parents.
Each of our Scholastic 3-D Archery regional coordinators brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and established credibility in their region that will enable us to move the program across the state at a very fast pace.
Dr. Dave Samuels
Mike Tyrell, Chairman